Opening post by Tucker · #1
Before anyone calls this a miracle, count the sacks, mend the bridge, check the hinges, I closed my gates before the salt burned, with one hinge scraping hard enough to sound like a warning. A keep does not become safer because somebody names the thing outside a demon.
Sam and Dean usually had a car, a flask of salt, and one more bad decision than seemed reasonable. I had stone, a tired gate crew, and no interest in testing whether a line on the threshold worked when the host was not fit to fight. Who pays for the breach? Who carries it?
I swore my sword to [ENVY] two days ago, which makes patience a duty rather than a mood. The gates stay shut until the host is ready, because even brothers with a haunted car learned that arriving first is not the same as arriving prepared. Not yet.